September 24, 2010

In My Life


As I'm writing this post I'm reminded of where I was this time last year. I was at BVS orientation in New Windsor, MD trying to figure out where I should go to volunteer. Katie Baker and I were preparing to celebrate our birthdays (which we will be doing this weekend :), and all of us in orientation were getting to know one another. Little did I know how much that decision of where I would volunteer would change my life. There was no guarantee that I would like my placement, city, or the people I would be around. As it turned out, moving to Cincinnati was absolutely the right choice for me.


I've had so many interesting and eye opening experiences and learned lessons I never expected to. This past year has not been easy, and while I would change a few things that happened, I would not change where it has brought me and how it has made me the person I am at this moment. I'm thankful for the children God let me fall in love with - I'm writing this when they are in the middle of a good behavior streak! I'm thankful for the many people from all walks of life that have crossed my path, only for a moment or some for an entire year.


There are still many unknowns in my future, though some things are shaping up, but I am OK with that because life would not be the adventure that it is without unknowns. I'm choosing to walk step by step into the future smiling, ready to experience what lies ahead. What I do know is that at least for a little while I'll be calling Cincinnati home.


Peace and Blessings,


Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment