September 2, 2010

Fitting the pieces together


In the past few weeks things have begun to click for me in the "What's next?" category. The big news is that I'm headed officially to Portland, OR (though the date of arrival is still being figured out) to live in another developing community house with some super cool people. Two of my in-the-near-future housemates were in my original BVS unit three years ago - Heather and Jon. The other housemate will be my late-night running partner from various previous encounters, Miss Chelsea. I'm really excited to see how all of this works out. West coast? Me? Really? Finally? YES!

Today is another turning point for my year here because I'm starting to get rid of stuff instead of accruing it. That's right, I'm beginning to pack stuff up and get it out of here so that I'll actually be able to fit my bags on the train whenever I get on it (and wherever it's going). I head out in less than an hour for a pretty cool road trip back to Virginia with some super exciting stops along the way. In all, I'm hoping to make at least eight pit stops or layovers with friends and family members, some of whom I haven't seen in more than five years. That doesn't even include the stay in Nokesville. I'm totally stoked.

And then there's the grand poobah of it all. On Sunday we'll be celebrating my grandpa's 90 years and turning it into a big ol' family reunion. All eight of his kids will be there as well as the majority of his 26 grandkids and maybe even all of the great-grandkids. Whatever the case, there's sure to be nummy food, harmonious music, and some good-natured name-calling. Mmm, mmm, good.

Well, it's off to go get the rental car. I hope your puzzles are all falling into place as well. Or not; that keeps it more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment