December 12, 2010

The Winter Finally Made It To Cincinnati




Fairly quick I had to admit to myself, that most of the people(technically everyone, except for Thorsten) within my environment are not as eager about this topic as I am and this is why I want to write about it. Maybe You share my excitement:
Last week we eventually were blessed with one/two inches of snow. It wouldn't sustain for more then a couple of days even though it was freezing cold. Soon rain made the little leftover vanish gracelessly.
Fortunately, we received a lot more last night, today and continuously tonight.
I love the crunching sound of snow, it makes when You step onto it. Watching the big snowflakes drifting down from heaven paralyzes and calms me in a gentle way. Utterly contrarily I enjoy the rush of snowflakes being pushed and bumped around by the wind. Also the moment, when the cold air slaps You right into the face and yet the reflection of the sun in the white makes all cold bearable.
Just recall one of those the first real winter days - You wake up, You open your eyes, You discover that Your whole world is covered in plain, white snow and You wrap Your cozy blankets thigh around yourself ,stay in bed and enjoy the look of it. Well, let's tell our imagination to make it a Sunday.

Regarding the houses' activities, last week wasn't that busy. We went to Xavier University on Monday, because Jamie had a caroling performance. On Friday we've been invited over for dinner to Shannon and Joe's house. Saturday we spent the day at home, to make cookies and other Christmas candy and in the afternoon we went to the Megachurch "Crossroads" of Cincinnati. It was an absolutely stunning experience for Thorsten and me. We've never experienced a worship with 5000 people in a huge hall with a stage, a band, two balconies and a pastor, wearing a red sweater, spiting and drooling from excitement and yet entertaining beside his qualities as a fountain.
This would be the time to talk about my work, but apparently I am too tired and somnolent right now, so let me catch up with that on my next post.
Peace out,
jonathan

3 comments:

  1. jetzt sehe ich wenigstens, wie viel Schnee Ihr habt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send some of the snow my way in DC! I want a white Christmas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys don't have any snow?

    ReplyDelete