December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving

Hello dear followers!

It is my turn again and i hope you like what i have to tell you....!

It has been a very nice thanksgiving for all three of us, Jamie went to northern Indiana with Shannon and Joe to visit Shannon`s mother. Johnny and I made a very exciting road trip all the way to New York City, Philadelphia and back to Cincinnati.

We had the pleasure to visit one of the Germans who is volunteering in Nyack, New York for this year via the organization "EIRENE" that cooperates with BVS.

It was a very special time and we have seen almost everything that you could think of when you visit New York City. The person that we visited is called Christopher Ohnesorge and his boss invited us to her house for the Thanksgiving Dinner. But we also manged to see Macy`s Parade on the same day and many more things. Overall it was a blast! We spent fantastic 4 and a half days there and we experienced a lot during this time.

As soon as I came back we had a Graduation Class at the Talbert House where I work. The celebration was set up 5 minutes away from the community house on McMillan Street and it was a whole lot to prepare for this event.

We had the biggest class since a very long time with 28 fathers that attended educational classes regarding to "being a better father" for ten weeks and were now ready to start a new beginning with their children. All theirs families have been invited for a very nice dinner and there have been a lot of emotions when every father hold their "the father i choose to be" speech.

And there is another positive thing going on right now at my workplace: I finally have an office of my own and i successfully completed two important trainings for my future tasks. I am an official Ohio Benefit Bank Counselor and I am able to work with the CATT software that the Talbert House uses.

And still, living in community goes quite well - Jamie and Johnny are great house mates I have nothing to complain about ;)

Okay, that`s it for now, but I hope you keep on following our blog and we try to update it as frequently as possible!

Greeting to everyone,

Thorsten




No comments:

Post a Comment