April 14, 2010

In a cameo role:

The Easter Bunny!

Bunny was so kind and thoughtful for making it to our Easter Egg hunt that we gave them a peanut butter pie after the whole shebang was finished.

Talk about exciting!
Some in the park that day couldn't fathom Easter Bunny's greatness.


Bunny had to relax after such a big event.
This is pre-peanut butter pie.


Easter Bunny is a well rounded individual with all kinds of interests
beyond eggs made of chocolate-- Rock Ukulele, for example.


Sometimes Easter is overwhelmed by the attention and needs a retreat...
But on that day, E. was really more of a drama queen.


---------------------------------
Thanks for humoring me.

Maybe you remember how excited our house was about Spring a few weeks ago?
Whelp, that's over.
According to Nature's whim, we're now excited about Summer.

My housemates have said that we need to mow the backyard. I must confess, I like it the way it is.

The violets carpet the ground with purple smiles where before were big patches of mud. Lanky guards with white hats stand over them, making sure the tom cats don't tear the purples to pieces. The canopy above allows sunlight to trickle down like encouragement for the color that charms me.
From my window, it's a secret, enchanted place that I only need to share with the robins that hop and scratch for bugs.

Sometimes they stop and look at me.

It's quite nice.

-laura

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I really enjoy reading what you write! You have a gift for putting words on 'paper.'

    Thanks for sharing the bunny pictures - after hearing about this from you all I was looking forward to someday seeing them. I know bunny enjoyed the PB pie!

    ReplyDelete