May 25, 2012

My Thinking


I wish you could walk in my shoes
And I could walk in yours
I wish when you saw tears form
You knew why they feel from my eyes
I wish you knew my thought process
And I knew yours
I wish when you saw anger form in my expressions
You knew what I am feeling at that moment 
I wish you could see the compassion in what I am doing
And I could see yours
I wish you saw my heart exploding 
You would know I find great pride in this journey 
We are four people
Willing to give a year of our lives 
To serve a community 
To learn how to live together 
We don’t always have to like each other
Or understand people’s thinking and emotions 
But try to find a common ground 
And live as peacefully and simply as we can

Sara

2 comments:

  1. It can be hard to find the words to express strong emotions in the heat of the moment. This is a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing your inner thoughts.

    ReplyDelete