June 16, 2011

Camp Season is upon me

Well, as I am the only one who posts on here I do not feel the need to identify myself. :) I leave tomorrow evening (June 17) and will be gone until June 25. At that point I will return to Cincinnati to wash some clothes and be at church on the 26th. Then I will go back to camp and stay there until the 29th. It is going to be intense.

It seems impossible that I only have one more month in Cincinnati. It would be fantastic if someone from the orientation that is currently in progress chose to come volunteer at the church.

I have officially filed my graduate school application. (For those of you reading this in Kansas you are probably scratching your head, but this is an accurate statement.) :) I have every intention of continuing to apply for teaching positions this fall, but if it does not happen then I will maintain my peace.

I will actually be able to finish my part-time Americorp position at the end of the month too. God is amazing, what else can I say?

My miracle for the week occurred on Tuesday. I'll try to fill in the gaps. Last Friday I went to counselor training and discovered they could possibly have a need for a counselor from the 19th to the 25th. There was another lady who was possibly going to receive a job and take her away from counseling. On Saturday night I prayed that if God wanted me to go to camp He would work out all of the details for my other volunteering commitments. The main one I was concerned about was the emergency food bank.

I had planned to stop by the organization on Monday but the day got away from me. Then on Tuesday the cake I made for my afternoon organization had a slight complication and delayed me. I determined that God must want me to wait until my regularly scheduled time to speak with my supervisor. Then God acted; after I got out of the way. That afternoon I had the opportunity of working with a high school junior who just happened to be looking for other places to volunteer. She came on Wednesday and is planning to fill the gap for me. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment