November 7, 2009

Goodness.

Hello All.

Cincinnati has graciously welcomed in some warm weather and sunshine this week, and it has done everyone here loads of good. I hope your step is as springy as mine.

I must make clear from the very beginning, blogging isn't one of my favorite pastimes. Not that I want to keep you in the dark, but it takes an awful long time for me to feel ready to post my thoughts for all the world to see.
However, my housemates have been very adamant about their desire for this to be a communal effort, and I must concede. Consequently, when it's my turn to share in digitized format you'll see more pictures than words and read more recipes than anecdotes. There might be a link once in a while to shake things up. Are you up for it?
Me neither...

Anne and I find ourselves making a lot of lists these days.
Grocery lists, Sunday lists, errand lists, email lists...
Most recently was a two pager on what was to be done before our "Halloween Block Party". The party was something of a trial-by-fire/indoctrination that gave the answer, "Don't worry. You were given the right placement." to my question, "What's going on?!?"
The list included things like Eat lunch, Cut out big poster board pumpkin, and Buy plane ticket.
Full week.

Luckily, I like lists.
And I'm going to make one for you!
It's called:

This is Good.

No. 1- There's a backyard.
What?
There's a
backyard. And you know what else?
What?!
We might be able to plant a garden in the spring.
(speechlessness.)



No. 2- The Conservatory is free.
As it should be.

No. 3- This is the view from the roof,
conveniently flat and easy to
laze upon on your day off.


No. 4- My housemates cook things like mango salsa.
On a stipend!


No. 5- My housemates let me cook things like
buttermilk pie.
Even on a stipend.

No. 6- Fall.
Everyone can agree on this?


No. 7- My job includes planning
educational activities.
Like this.


No. 8- These kids.

When I think about good things here,
these faces flash through my mind. You could
take everything else on this list-- even the pie--
and because of these kids,
Cincinnati would still be a Good place for me to be.


Blessings,

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I'm so extraordinarily happy you pulled yourself together to post! ;-)

    I'm looking very much forward to your recipes and pictures of the things you will plant and cook. Though it makes me envy your housemates a little... Wish my food was nearly that good here, maybe I'll be able to cook on my own soon, when I have a real place to live...

    Enjoy the fall as I do! :)

    Peace,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words and beautiful photos. Thanks for posting. I'm cooking for the BVS house for the first time this evening. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete