October 17, 2009

Banking in the City

I like to think of myself as someone who has stepped into a lot of banks. I've had accounts at several different banks from the time I was young, but my banks were the type that had donuts and coffee on saturday mornings, or Hershey Kisses at the counter for the taking.

Banking in my neighborhood in Cincinnati, a completely different story. When I got to the front door of the bank I noticed a green light on the outside of the door, didn't think anything of it, but upon further observation saw instructions below the light and a metal detector inside the door. Come to realize that Laura and I could not enter together. She entered first, closing the door behind her before passing through the metal detector to the next door. The second door would open when the light flashed green and she could enter the bank. I had to wait outside till she was inside and the door closed behind her and then I could start the process all over again. I felt like I deserved a Hershey Kiss for figuring out that system!

Welcome to Cincinnati!

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment